Default Folder is a Mac OS 8 compatible control panel that
enhances Open and Save dialog boxes to make it easier for you to
manage files on your Macintosh. It provides many of the essential
features of the commercial SuperBoomerang and Directory Assistance
utilities, but without the infrequently used extras that take their
toll in compatibility, memory, and CPU usage.
Default Folder's time-saving Open and Save dialog enhancements
allow you to:
- Set up a default folder for any or all applications.
- Switch among recently used folders from a pop-up menu.
- See available disk space and switch between disks from a
- Click on a Finder window to show it in an Open or Save
- Open the folder shown in an Open or Save dialog in the
- Create folders, get information (including changing name,
type, and creator), and move items to the Trash from within file
- "Rebound" back to the last file you used.
- Make "Replace" the default option instead of "Cancel" when
saving a file with the same name as an existing file.
- Speed up the display of Open and Save dialogs by turning off
custom color icons in the file list.
Default Folder will operate on any Macintosh running System 7 or
higher, including Mac OS 8, and is accelerated for PowerPC.